Smart Drive Power Assist
One of the best things that has happened in the wheelchair industry is the development of Power Assist technology. Power Assist attaches to the wheels a wheelchair or directly to the ground in order to propel the wheelchair along.
Pushing a manual wheelchair can put stress on shoulders and lead to serious issues in the future. The SmartDrive® is an award winning power assist that provides the push you need whenever you need a bit of assistance.
It offers a range of controls and activity-tracking technology to deliver a seamless power assist experience that may reduce repetitive stress; and it's compatible with folding chairs.
The quick-release mounting bar is a big feature. Just pull back on the spring loaded flanges to quickly attach or remove the SmartDrive, and it can go all day without re-charging.
- POWERFUL – cruises up hills and over thick carpet.
- INTUITIVE – just pull back on the spring loaded flanges to quickly attach or remove the SmartDrive.
- SIMPLE – turn on and go all day without recharging.
- FLEXIBLE – moves with you for wheelies and curbs.
- PORTABLE – so light, just hook on and you’re all set to go.
- PushTracker Actitivity Monitoring – it sense your movements to effortlessly control your SmartDrive. It tracks and displays daily activity – including push count, coast time and more.
- PushTracker SmartPhone App – provides even more information and power assist individualisation. Everything seamlessly connects to give you a complete picture of activity, helping you monitor habits, reduce injury and ultimately, improve your life.
SPECIFICATIONS Range (level/no resistance conditions) 19.8 km Max. Speed (level surface) Adjustable [8.8 km/h default] Max. Speed (6º incline) Adjustable [6 km/h default] Max. Acceleration Adjustable up to 0.6m2 [0.2m2 default] Motor Power 250 W Motor Voltage 26 V Operating Temperature -25ºC to 50ºC Continuous Theoretical Driving Range 22.9 km Total Weight 61 kg (13.5 lbs) Sound Level 60.7 dB(A) Expected Lifetime/Service Life 5 years WHEELCHAIR COMPATIBILITY Wheelchair Frame Type Rigid, Folding, Tilt-In-Space, One-Arm Driving and Standing Drive Wheel Diameter 22" (501mm); 24" (540mm); 25" (559mm) or 26" (590mm) Folding Frame Attachment Distance 8.25" (210mm) to 21" (533mm) User Weight 14 kg (30 lbs) to 150 kg (331 lbs)
Note: the stated values are from testing with a 150 kg occupant. The range, speed etc vary depending on driving conditions.
A wheelchair's specifications provided by its manufacturer may be slightly affected by the addition of the SmartDrive.